Tuesday, March 3, 2009

UI Layout Part 2

Screenshots as promised of my UI redesign over the weekend. I quite liked it during our excellent but unsuccessful 3 drake attempt. For comparison, here is the UI I had last week:



It's ok but there is a lot of wasted space that I was able to clean up. Here's how it looks now in combat:



And here's how it looks out of combat:



You can see how much space around my character has been cleared up while still retaining as much information as before. I'd like to tweak my scrolling text a but too now as well. I'm also trying out GhostPulse to give me better cooldown notification. I didn't get much chance to configure it but it works pretty nice out of the box.

The mods used are all pretty standard. If anyone's curious, here's the list:
  • Satrina's Buff Frames
  • oRA
  • Grid + various plugins
  • Bartender
  • Pitbull
  • Recount
  • Fubar
  • Quartz
  • Deadly Boss Mods
  • Mik's Scrolling Battle Text

Only SBF is a little unusual, and it's one I recommend trying if you haven't.

All in all, it's not a gorgeous piece of art like some people's UI. I aim for functionality over visual fluff. But I'm always looking for new stuff to try. If you have any suggestions for improvements, lemme know.

No comments:

Post a Comment